town of Boring was named for W. H. Boring, an old resident
of the neighborhood. The district was known to old settlers
as the Boring neighborhood, and in 1903 a townsite was platted
and called Boring junction. The Boring post office was established
in March 1903, and the builders of the interurban railway
adopted Boring as the name of the community.