Deadwood Oregon 97430
Creek, which drains a considerable area in the western part
of the county, flows into Lake Creek, which in rum flows
into Siuslaw River. Deadwood Creek got its name in early
days because of the dead timber snags adjacent to its banks,
the result of extensive forest fires in the Coast Range.
Deadwood post office, named for the stream, was established
April 15, 1884, with Thomas Pope first postmaster. The office
was near the mouth of Deadwood Creek, It was discontinued
to Greenleaf June 15, 1914, but reopened February 15, 1950.