Johnson City, Oregon
16120 SE 81st Street
Johnson City Oregon 97267
Fax: 503-723-0317
Office Hours: 2:00pm - 6:00pm Mon-Thurs

Johnson City, near Gladstone, was incorporated by a 49-to-l0 vote on June 16, 1970. At the time of the election, it had the distinction of being owned entirely by one man, Delbert Johnson. Johnson started the development as a trailer court in 1959 and tried without success to have the 45-acre area annexed to Gladstone in 1968. The 1969 Oregon legislature established a boundary review board to prevent a proliferation of small in incorporated cities, but the proponents had filed for an election before the effective ate of the law. For further details, see the Oregon Journal, June 11, 1970, and the Oregonian, June 17, 1970.


Area attractions include Clackamas Town Center Mall and Skating Rink, North Clackamas Aquatic Center, Top of Scott Golf Course, Many restaurants and entertainment options in the Clackamas area. Nearby recreational options include: Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge, ski areas, Bonnie Lake State Park, Milo McIver State Park, Molalla River State Park, Mt. Hood National Forest, Mt. Hood Wilderness, Salmon-Huckleberry Wilderness and Bull of the Woods Wilderness.