was named by C.F. Howard in 1882, and the name was
corruption of the Spanish word molino, which means
mill. Postal authorties would not accept the name
Molino because it was too much like the nearby Molalla.
Richard R. Howard, father of C.F. Howard, erected
a flour mill at Mulino in 1851, and the place was
known as Howards Mill. The mill building, still standing
in 2003, although enlarged and altered, is probably
the oldest surviving industrial building in Oregon.
Mulino post officewas established March 21, 1882,
with James G. Foster as the first postmaster.
Visit the Hamlet on Mulino website.