SW Mill St
Sheridan Oregon 97378
was named for Philip Henry Sheridan who was stationed in
Oregon and Washington and fought Indians
in the Cascades From 1855 to 1869.
was actually platted as a town in 1880, the post office
was established on April 4, 1866 by changing the name from
Willamina and moving it 4 miles east. Thomas N. Faulconer
was appointed post master.