Wilderville Oregon 97543
was named for Joseph L. Wilder, a local resident. Postal authorities
informed the compiler that the first post office established
at this place was called Slat Creek. It was established on
September 30, 1858, with Oliver J. Evans first postmaster. The name of the office was changed to Wilderville on August
12, 1878. Joseph L. Wilder was then postmaster.