Culp Creek, Oregon
Culp Creek Oregon 97427

Culp Creek is a post office as well as a stream tributary to Row River southeast of Cottage Grove. Culp Creek was named for John Culp, who settled in this neighborhood a few years prior to 1900. A logging company established a camp there and called it the Culp Creek camp, and when the post office was established February 24, 1925, the name naturally attached itself to the new office. Ceo. E. Potter, a local merchant, was the first postmaster. For additional information, see Cottage Grove Sentinel March 28, 1929.