Huntington, Oregon
50 E Adams
PO Box 369
Huntington Oregon 97907
Fax: 541-869-2550

Henry Miller settled here in August of 1862, and built the Stage Tavern known for many years as "Miller Station".

It was on the overland route which was known to all who traveled in pioneer days.

The place was bought out in 1882 by brothers J. B. & J. M. Huntington, with J. M. as the first postmaster.

Huntington was known as a "division point" for the railroad. It was an important railroad town since 1884 when the Oregon Railroad and Navigation Company made Huntington their common terminal.


Farewell Bend State Park, Unity Lake State Park, Sumpter Valley Dredge State Park, Wallowa Whitman National Forest, Hells Canyon National Recreational Area, Monument Rock Wilderness, Snake River, city park, Lions Park, historical museum, Brownlee Reservoir, Malheur Reservoir, Spring Creek Recreation Site, Van Orman Massacre Site, fishing, hunting, boating.